As anyone with cyber friends can tell you, yes it really is possible to get to know someone online. Communication is critical to any good relationship and when all you can do is communicate well…My Bestie and I have been friends for almost 20 years and yet, we’ve never met face to face. Can you believe that? I can it’s, it’s truly representative of my life. I don’t get out much…I work, bank, go to school, pay bills, read, interact socially, etc online. But, unlike that Brad Paisley song, I’m not cooler online, at least I don’t think so anyway. In fact, I think I’m probably the same in real life as I am in my cyber life actually. Loves2Smock care to answer that for me…am I “so much cooler online?” LOL. Anyway…because I work and go to school online I get to chat with people from all over the world a lot. In the course of my conversations, there have been a few people who have touched my heart for various reasons. I decided they needed their own blog award so I made this:
You like it? I sure do and the first recipients of this award are:
1. Sarah from Plain and Small: I learn so much from Sarah I almost need another brain to hold it all. She is one of the most humble, faithful people I’ve ever met in my cyber life AND real life. She gives more of herself than anyone should and, though she has bad days like us all, she continues to give no matter what. She has touched my heart because from her I’ve learned countless lessons on forgiveness, Christ-like love, humility, and charity. My life will never be the same because of you Sarah and I am grateful to have you not just as a friend but also as my sister in Zion.
2. Sarah from Pink Cricut: This Sarah and I have chatted several times on Facebook chat and she truly wears her heart on her sleeve. I have opened up to her about things I bet she never thought she’d hear from a cyber crafting buddy and not only did she listen when I needed an ear (well actually read when I needed eyes LOL), she seemed genuinely concerned and was eager to uplift and encourage me. Sarah, I’m sure our chats didn’t seem like much at the time, but you have touched my heart by having them with me and I thank you.
3. Tanya from Scrappy Scavenger: What can I say about Tanya…oh my. Tanya and have chatted almost daily since we met over at that Facebook spot. In our conversations, I have learned that we have a lot in common. When I think about both my maternal and paternal family it’s hard to believe I came from these people (thank God for my Ward family I’m telling you). Tanya totally gets how I feel about my father. Tanya has touched my heart with her humor and her tender and caring spirit. When life keeps us away from Facebook, I find myself missing our interaction. Tanya, thank you for who you are in my life.
4. Nicole from Simple Scrappin: I ♥ Nicole. She and I communicate all the time via chat, text, Facebook, Facebook chat, etc. She quickly became more than just a scrappy sister and is becoming a person who’s friendship I cherish. Nicole has touched my heart with her uncanny ability to know just when to pop in and check on me when life has kicked me in the face again and I’m ready to just lay down and take it. She is someone I admire for more reasons than I have room to get into here at this blog (believe me you’d stop reading after like the 10,000th line lol). She left an abusive man and became a single parent at a very young age and continues to keep me encouraged as I deal with feelings that only another single parent in my shoes could fully comprehend. Thank you Nicole for being there to keep me encouraged when there isn’t anything encouraging about my circumstance.
5. Krista from Krista’s Paper Cafe: Krista and I were in a blog hope together and we’ve become bosom buddies ever since. She has touched my heart with her devotion to my blog. Ultimately I blog just for me. In a past life, my end all be all goal was to be a writer. Blogging, whether I’m sharing craft projects, or keepin’ it real on my private page Live Faithfule, sharing some good eats (which I don’t do nearly enough), or praising my God, it all involves writing. It’s something I love to do. Writings no one reads though is sad I think. I know, if no one else reads my “against the norm” WordPress blog, Krista does. Her comments always touch my heart and keep me smiling. It’s nice to know you matter and I know I matter to Krista because she takes the time to read and comment on my blog. Krista, thank you for taking the time to peak in on my lil world and being so diligent to always let me know you’ve been here. I appreciate that more than you know!
I guess technically this is a people award not a blog award because it has very little to do with the blogs themselves. Aww well. Now, ladies receiving this award is easy. Just right-click the image and save it wherever you want. You can choose to pass it on or not, that’s entirely up to you. If you choose to pass it own, you can pass it to 1 person or 100. The spirit behind the award is to recognize anyone who touches your heart. The only thing I am going to ask with passing it on though, is that you tell us why the person you give this award too has touched your heart. Then, you might also want to let the people you give the award to know so they can accept it and pay it forward too!
Ladies, thank you for touching my life. Each of you make a difference and I appreciate you.